Nestled in a hidden valley of the Khumbu region, Gokyo village is one of the Himalayas’ unsung treasures. Gokyo trek offers an amazing view of world’s highest peak Mt. Everest (8,848m) and other mountain panoramas. Everest is more pilgrimage then just a trek, it is a milestone on anyone’s life; and some have described the experience as most thrilling, exciting and most adventurous hike that goes beyond the horizons into a natural paradise of unparalleled beauty.
Along with the view of Everest, you’ll also come face-to-face with the jewels of the Gokyo Lakes: Gokyo Ri, and the Fifth Lake - the splendor of which overlooks a stunning view. This trek will certainly give you thrills and memories that will last a lifetime. From Gokyo valley trek we experience astounding mountain views, enter Sagarmatha National Park, a world heritage site and tour high altitude Buddhist monasteries, besides the glorious grimace one can get glimpses of the life of the world-famous mountain climbers (the Sherpas).
Gokyo Trekking is one of a travel adventure trekking in Khumbu Himalaya of Nepal which is a known to be the home of the highest hill of the world Gokyo Ri and several Himalayan and lakes known as Gokyo Lakes. Thousands of adventure tourists assemble to spent blissful moment and to explore this natural land. Gokyo Lake Trek is one of the usual paths for trekking which provides a great alternative to the popular Everest Base Camp Trek.
Trekker can observe stunning scenery of the most popular mountains in Nepal, at an altitude of 8,000m such as Makalu (8,463m), Lhotse (8,201m), Mt. Everest (8,848m), Gyachung Kang (7,922m) and Cho Oyo (8,201m) which are visible from Gokyo Ri above Gokyo Lake. The main attraction of Gokyo valley trek is turquoise lakes, glaciers, Sherpa villages, viewpoints, monasteries and trek to Phakding, Namche, Portse Tenga, Dole, Machhermo, Gokyo, Thyangboche, Monjo, Lukla which make every moment interesting.
1. Gokyo trek is a great trek for those looking for something a little more challenging. Trek to Everest Base Camp with Gokyo Lakes avoid the crowds found on the main Classic route to Everest Base Camp. As well include the ascent of Gokyo Ri and the crossing of the Cho La pass, both of which are really fantastic.
2. There are five lakes here, all of which are iridescent turquoise. The main highlight of Gokyo is the ascent of Gokyo Ri, just behind the village, which provides unbelievable views of Cho Oyu and Everest.
3. These landmarks are equally fascinating natural wonders in the Khumbu region with turquoise glacial lakes. From the Renjo La pass provide us a great view of the stunning greenish-blue Gokyo Lake on one side and the Remo Pokhari on the other side and may snowy peaks could see in the background. It gives us the incredible air that surely combines our feeling with tranquility beauty.
4. Trekking in Gokyo valley provides you an opportunity to observe magnificent views of mountain peaks and the Ngozumpa glacier- the largest in Nepal’s Himalayan.
5. Trek to Gokyo Lake is natural incredible adventure experience over high passes on the snow path. Explore the glistening ice trail of the Cho La pass over a glacier before hiking to Kala Patthar, the famed Black Rock, as you savor the incredible views of peaks.
6. From Syangboche one can get wonderful panoramic 360 degree view of Mt. Everest (8848m), Lhotse (5816m), Makalu (8463m), Mt. Cho Oyo (8201m), Nuptse (7855m), Pumori (7145m), Ama Dablam (6856m), Tawache, Khumbila, Thamserku, and many other Khumbu Himalayan ranges.
7. The route passes through the settlements of Tongba (3950m) and Gyele (3960m) to Dole. The trails pass many Kharkas, summer settlements used when Sherpas bring herds of yaks to graze in these high pastures. You have an outstanding view of Khumbila and Tawache (6542m), Buddhist colorful prayer flags are incredible throughout the day!
The Gokyo trek to the foot of Everest base camp crosses high passes – Ranjo La pass (5,388m), Cho La Pass(5,380m) and Kong ma-la (5,535m), with climbing of three peaks Kala Patthar (5,545m) and Gokyo Ri (5483m) and Chukung (5550m) linking the four district valleys of Bhotekoshi, Gokyo Khumbu and Imjatse. The Gokyo trek is a dream venture for many people in the world to accomplish once in a lifetime. The trail is tough but you get the stunning view of Himalayan giants including Mt. Everest with Gokyo lakes in a Single frame.
The valley normally remains closed in winter due to extreme cold and snow falls. But in the early autumn and late spring the flowers on the portion of the trek it a really beautiful walk which we will not forget in a hurry. Your trek will bring you over the winding path between forgotten valleys, snaking around tranquil lakes and traditional villages. The path leads you through Lumdeng, then continues to Renjo La pass (5,360m) from where you can get the wonderful view of Mount Everest and then you retrace down to Thame valley and finally return back to Lukla. Since the trail passes through the diverse landscapes and vegetation Gokyo Valley trek is the best choice for adventurers as well as natural beauty lovers.
Trekking Team Group will organize all types of trekking in Nepal. Our long experience in this sector, with an excellent track record, will certainly be helpful to make your Nepal visit safe, secure and enjoyable. If you have any concern about Trekking in Nepal contact us or email us at email@example.com
|Update of COVID-19 status in Nepal|
|Festivals in Bhutan 2020|
|Places in Nepal where snow fall in winter|
|Things to do when you bumped into Nepal during Festival|
|Newly opened place to get the great experience of Trekking in Nepal|
|Why Autumn is best for Everest Base Camp Trekking|
|Top 7 trekking destination in Nepal|
|Destination wedding on Everest Base Camp|
|Mardi Himal Trek: Newly Explored Trekking Area in Annapurna Region|
|Top 5 Highlights of Mustang Region|
|Why Gokyo Trek should be your Top priority?|
|Why Nepal is the best country for trekking holidays?|
|Why Langtang trek should be in your bucket list?|
|7 reasons why you should choose Narphu and Tilicho Lake trek?|
|10 reason why you should do Manaslu circuit trek!|
|10 Best Treks in Nepal|
|Luxury Trekking in Nepal|
|Top 3 Spring Treks in Nepal|
|Top 10 best trekking place in Nepal|
|Facts about Mount Everest|
|The Great Himalayan Trail|
|Adventurous Base Camp Trek In Nepal|
|Things To Keep In Mind When You Travel|
|Adventure Travel in Nepal|